Child under 2 years old
If the newborns is less than 48 hours old, a medical report indicating that no risk to the infant and the in-flight passenger is involved must be provided.
- Every infant must be accompanied by an independent adult who is at least 18 years old. The accompanying adult may be under the age of 18 if he or she is the child’s father, mother or legal guardian.
- When a passenger travels with two infants, a second accompanying passenger, to whom the same rules apply, is mandatory.
- The accompanying passenger may be responsible for more than one child (maximum 12), only if there is only one infant.
- Infants must have a flight ticket showing their last name, first name(s) and date of birth.
Children between 2 and 11 years old
- Every child must be accompanied by an independent adult who is at least 18 years of age. The accompanying adult may be under the age of 18 if he or she is the child’s father, mother or legal guardian.
- Children traveling with a PRM who has a security assistant must be 5 years old or older.
A group of children must be accompanied by independent adults over 18 years old. A maximum of 12 children may be accompanied by an adult, either:
- 1 accompanying adult for groups of 2 to 12 children,
- 2 accompanying adults for groups of 13 to 24 children,
- 3 accompanying adults for groups of 25 to 36 children,
Note: The maximum group size for accompanied children is 20 people. Exceptionally, it can be increased.
When the accompanying person is not a parent or legal guardian, a liability waiver for a child under 12 years of age must be completed.
Your child’s baggages
Children traveling with a child fare receive the same number of bags as adults and their excess baggage is charged at the same price as adults.